Friday 5 August 2011

Moving on from GetJar

After more then 3 rollercoaster years at GetJar, I've decided that the time has come for me to move on in search of new challenges. These past three years have been the most rewarding of my career and GetJar has certainly come a long way from the small, 7-man company I was supporting from my kitchen desk in London in 2008!

Today, with more then 50 employees, the company has crossed the 2 billion download mark and recently been nominated one of the top European start-ups to watch by our friends at Gigaom. As a shareholder and early employee I have every confidence the company will continue to succeed and thrive in the ever-changing apps environment and amreally excited about some of the new products and improvements we’ll be introducing over the next few weeks and months.

I'd like to thank all the people who are part of GetJar's ecosystem for having made this experience possible. The reality is that our growth and success would not have been possible without the support of our investors at Accel, our content partners and developers and the enthusiasm and encouragement of our supporters in the press. Each one of you has played a special and unique role in helping GetJar become what it is to today and I've greatly enjoyed working with each of you.

So what's next? ;) Well, I'm an apps guy at heart and always looking for a good fight as you know! So I'll be joining Google as Marketing Director for Mobile Applications the first week of September. I'll be at GetJar until the 19th of August and reachable at patrick.mork@gmail.com after my departure.

The world is a small place so I hope to be able to continue working with many you in the future. Until then, “a bientôt” as they say in France since this is "see you soon" and not “goodbye”.

Appsolutely yours,


Patrick "Mad" Mork.

4 comments:

  1. Patrick,

    Congrats on this move. Excellent job you did a Getjar no doubt you will do the same with same or even more success at Google!

    Jonie
    eBuddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have used getjar from the time it started.
    Have huge respect towards you and your colleagues.
    Hope you continue your success at google.
    Best of luck..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, well written article. I could find out some useful information on your blog guys. This is really useful for everyone. I love this post. Thanks for sharing it.
    Android development

    ReplyDelete